We have now multiples sites for languages.
On our meta here, many questions are asked regarding the localisation problems, here is a list
- Why is SE engine removing spaces before question marks in titles? Please make it stop
- Not possible to have accents in tags?
- Facitility to type accented characters
- Non-breaking spaces and punctuation on Stack Exchange
- Quelles étiquettes utiliser? What should our tags be?
- Tag descriptions and synonyms / Bien démarrer notre système d'étiquettes
- Should we tag questions to indicate the language they're written in? Faut-il une étiquette indiquant dans quelle langue une question est rédigée?
- N'utilisez pas les blocs de code pour les citations. (Do not use code blocks for quoting.)
From recent discussions in chat, it has been make clear that meta-tags for questions are not the best thing we can do, and I agree (see my statement here).
You can look at all these questions: there is no way to solve it in a nice and easy way at the moment. Some are purely development things like accents, or UI improvement. And some other are more meta-discussions like should we make tags in French AND in English, should we translate question in French AND English? How is the StackExchange team willing to support the development of language sites regarding the functionalities of SE? I read about Robert's answer here, where he is talking about localisation of SE, that gives a little insight of what is going on. But this is not really talking about the features.
Those questions are not specific to french.se and can be also on topic on other language sites. So my questions are :
- Should those questions been solved globally (like on [MSO])?
- Is there any ideas already ongoing on what will be available? or shall we propose interface tips like I did on my answer? (How is SE team working on this?)
- How do we work around those problem before the arrival of localisation tools?