As of the 1st of September 2019, after toying with the idea for some time, I've decided to quit StackExchange altogether, due largely to French SE where, unlike other language SE sites such as Russian and German, trolls and other problematic users are left unchecked, spreading negativity on the site and it falls on regular users to deal with those trolls on behalf of moderators.
As a result, it is no longer possible to have meaningful, constructive discussions about languages without wasting some time for each simple question asked.
Many thanks to most of the long-standing members here.
Member for 3 years, 5 months
8 profile views
Last seen Aug 31 at 1:02
- Russian Language 5.9k 5.9k 33 gold badges66 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- German Language 2.5k 2.5k 66 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Italian Language 691 691 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Русский язык 261 261 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- French Language 1 1 44 gold badges1616 silver badges5555 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 30 In French, how do you say "living under a rock"?
- 24 French equivalents of "cost an arm and a leg"
- 22 "Mir war nicht danach."
- 21 "You've got another thing coming" - translation into French
- 20 Can the negators "jamais, rien, personne, plus, ni, aucun" be used in a single sentence?
- 19 In Russian, can "мы" be used to refer to "you" in conversation?
- 17 In French, how do you say "hop onto an express train" as opposed to "get on"?
- View more network posts →