As of the 1st of September 2019, after toying with the idea for some time, I've decided to quit StackExchange altogether, due largely to French SE where, unlike other language SE sites such as Russian and German, trolls and other problematic users are left unchecked, spreading negativity on the site and it falls on regular users to deal with those trolls on behalf of moderators.
As a result, it is no longer possible to have meaningful, constructive discussions about languages without wasting some time for each simple question asked.
Many thanks to most of the long-standing members here.
Member for 4 years, 2 months
8 profile views
Last seen Aug 31 '19 at 1:02
- French Language 19.8k 19.8k 66 gold badges2222 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Russian Language 11.2k 11.2k 33 gold badges77 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- German Language 4.6k 4.6k 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Italian Language 1.3k 1.3k 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Русский язык 421 421 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 30 In French, how do you say "living under a rock"?
- 24 French equivalents of "cost an arm and a leg"
- 22 "Mir war nicht danach."
- 21 "You've got another thing coming" - translation into French
- 20 Can the negators "jamais, rien, personne, plus, ni, aucun" be used in a single sentence?
- 19 In Russian, can "мы" be used to refer to "you" in conversation?
- 17 In French, how do you say "hop onto an express train" as opposed to "get on"?
- View more network posts →