OALD, 2005 : Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 2005
SOED: The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 1993
CGEL: A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language, Quirk et al., 1985
(formerly, due to my ignoring the standard abbreviation: ACGOTEL)
LPD: Longman Pronunciation Dictionary, JC Wells, 2000
LBU : le bon usage, Maurice Grevisse et André Gousse, 14ième édition, 2007
Member for 2 years, 2 months
12 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- French Language 25.6k 25.6k 33 gold badges1010 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 5k 5k 22 gold badges44 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 226 226 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 179 179 22 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 155 155 77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 16 Is there an adage in English for "realizing you are not the biggest"?
- 14 Why is the second S silent in "Sens dessus dessous"?
- 14 What is “a place with a lot of wind“ called in English?
- 13 Which article to use in "I don't like cakes"?
- 13 Can I use the word "impotence" and not refer to erectile dysfunction
- 12 How to use a slash to describe two options, one of which is made up of two or more words?
- 12 Commencez à vous connecter -- I don't understand the phrasing of this
- View more network posts →