OALD, 2005 : Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 2005
SOED: The New Shorter Oxford English Dictionary, 1993
CoGEL: A Comprehensive Grammar of the English Language, Quirk et al., 1985
formerly, due to my ignoring the standard abbreviation: ACGOTEL
formerly, also CGEL, changed because the Cambridge Grammar of the
English language is being referred to as CGEL
LPD: Longman Pronunciation Dictionary, JC Wells, 2000
LBU : le bon usage, Maurice Grevisse et André Gousse, 14ième édition, 2007
Member for 2 years, 8 months
12 profile views
Last seen Jan 22 at 23:27
Top network posts
- 39 Why is "archaic" pronounced uniquely? Is the sequence -ɪɪ- only found in this word?
- 16 Is there an adage in English for "realizing you are not the biggest"?
- 16 Why use "the" in "than the 3.5bn years ago"?
- 14 Why is the second S silent in "Sens dessus dessous"?
- 14 What is “a place with a lot of wind“ called in English?
- 13 Which article to use in "I don't like cakes"?
- 13 Can I use the word "impotence" and not refer to erectile dysfunction
- View more network posts →