Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 6 years, 11 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 28 '19 at 21:47
- Unix & Linux♦ 187.6k 187.6k 4949 gold badges357357 silver badges547547 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 85.3k 85.3k 1515 gold badges175175 silver badges265265 bronze badges
- Super User 47.8k 47.8k 1212 gold badges107107 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.3k 20.3k 1414 gold badges7474 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 19k 19k 55 gold badges4040 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1154 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 849 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 642 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 454 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 334 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 233 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Nov 18 '14