Questions (and answers): (Help us to help you!)
GOOD questions tend to get good answers (and vice versa).
BEFORE asking a question, have you:
- taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- checked that your question is on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question please look here:
- a good witty overview.
- the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example. See also the Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example site.
- for performance queries.
- more helpful ideas here and here.
- the granddaddy of all "How to ask for help" posts by Eric Raymond.
Below here is a Work in Progress!!!!
Query Performance questions:
PostgreSQL oriented, but definitely worth a look.
There are surprisingly few good links on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 6 years, 3 months
2 profile views
Last seen Nov 13 '19 at 21:20
- Database Administrators 20.8k 20.8k 44 gold badges4444 silver badges6262 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 449 449 55 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 445 445 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- French Language 443 443 33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 154 154 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 90 Difference between On Delete Cascade & On Update Cascade in mysql
- 69 How to check foreign keys related to a table
- 57 Export Postgres table as json
- 32 Why should a key be made explicit?
- 19 How to add a column with a foreign key constraint to a table that already exists?
- 14 Is a single-table relational database similar to a simple NoSQL database?
- 13 ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version
- View more network posts →