Questions (and answers):
These sites are a great resource and you will get all the more out them by following the guidelines.
Remember the golden rule for asking questions: Good questions tend to get good answers (the opposite also applies - or your question could be closed/deleted).
BEFORE asking a question, ask yourself:
- Have I taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- Have I grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- Is my question on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question on dba.stackexchange, please look here:
- a good witty overview.
- the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example.
- for performance queries.
- more helpful ideas here and here.
- the granddaddy of all "How to ask for help" posts by Eric Raymond.
Below here is a Work in Progress!!!!
Query Performance questions:
PostgreSQL oriented, but definitely worth a look.
There are surprisingly few good links on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 5 years, 2 months
2 profile views
Last seen Feb 12 '16 at 13:35
- Database Administrators 17k 17k 33 gold badges3636 silver badges5454 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 317 317 33 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 312 312 22 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- French Language 265 265 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 154 154 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 59 Difference between On Delete Cascade & On Update Cascade in mysql
- 49 MySQL: How to check foreign keys related to a table
- 45 Export Postgres table as json
- 31 Why should a key be made explicit?
- 14 How to add a column with a foreign key constraint to a table that already exists?
- 12 Compare 4 or more columns values
- 12 ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version
- View more network posts →