Bilingual with a long-standing French (and occasionally English) spelling problem (damn consonant gemination rules), made only worse by my current daily use of a third, wholly unrelated, language (far, far away on the language family tree).
Do not be fooled by frequent pedant digressions: I have no professional or academic background in linguistics, only a lifelong passion for languages (and intertwined historical facts).
Member for 8 years, 5 months
13 profile views
Last seen Mar 31 '12 at 6:10
- Japanese Language 9k 9k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- French Language 3.4k 3.4k 1919 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Skeptics 768 768 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Cryptography 345 345 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 233 233 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 46 How indistinguishable is blue from green really?
- 35 “L’on y danse”: why the article “l’ ”?
- 34 Do Japanese writers use underline for emphasis?
- 27 Que veut dire l'expression « à l'heure qu'il est » ?
- 26 Use of 自分【じぶん】as a personal pronoun in direct speech
- 25 what's the difference between ところで and ちなみに ?
- 24 Reading (and usage) of 他: when is it 【た】, when is it 【ほか】?
- View more network posts →